1) 2nd International Yoga Day will be celebrated in Neas Smyrni’s park, Athens on 26 June, 2016
Program of celebrations of the 2nd International Yoga Day to be organized on Sunday June 26 at Nea Smyrni Park
· 12.00 – 19.30. Open workshops and lessons from 36 different yoga schools and 6 lectures.
· 19.45 – 20.15. Panhellenic Meditation for Peace and Spiritual awakening (Yoga Schools).
· 20:30-22.30. Celebration at Galaxias Cultural Center, Square of Nea Smyrni, as per the following program:
o Short welcome address by Mrs Eleni Kossifidou, President of Yoga Association of Greece
o Speech by H.E. Ms. Murugesan Manimekalai, Ambassador of India to Greece, on the importance of Yoga and the International Day of Yoga
o Speech by Dr Dimitrios Vassiliadis, Chairman of the Indo-Hellenic Society for Culture and Development (ELINEPA), on Yoga and Unity.
o Speeches by the pioneers of Yoga in Greece
o Cultural program with Indian traditional music, dance and kirtan
o Indian snacks
[Open workshops and yoga lessons are scheduled to take place also in Thessaloniki, Patras, Herakleion, Chania, Kozani, Igoumenitsa and other cities in Greece.
Free Entrance in all seminars and events.
Further details about the organization of the 2nd International Day of Yoga in Greece are available on WebPages:
2) Common Yoga Protocol
3) Presentations and video messages by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Hon’ble External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj